- Applications are unable to launch from DR Web Interface server’s.
- Troubleshooting started with notepad application by mapping to different Xenapp Servers,Web Interface and Zone Data collectors from Pune & Delhi.
- Issue observed at DR Zone data collector’s(ZDC) as Qfarm /load does not returning any value when we run from both ZDC’s
- As there is no value returned from ZDC, suspected that ZDC is not contacting database for loading dynamic information.
- Observed that DR ZDC MF20.dsn(Database connection file) is pointing to the Pune SQL Database – This is incorrect as it is single FARM & FARM database is active in Delhi SQL.
- Reconfigured Pune ZDC02 server to Delhi SQL database by running the dsmaint config command with new username/password
- After reconfiguring MF20.dsn file, Zone data collector returning load values when executing qfarm /load and launching applications without any issues
Observations & Recommendation’s :
- As FARM will connect to only one database , we need to restore the latest backup copy of production database if there is no synch between primary & DR sql servers and reconfigure MF20.dsn during DR Drill -> This is significant step during DR drill
- SQL mirroring can configure from production to DR SQL Servers to avoid above step.
- No Hotfixes are installed, need to install hotfix Rollup pack similar to production or latest -> This is critical to avoid known issues
How to enable Jumbo Frames for Hyper-v hosted on CISCO UCS blades
Jumbo Frames setting can enable from UCS manager and no need to perform any changes from windows end if servers hosted on CISCO UCS blades
You need to make 3 changes:
- Set the System Class MTU to 9216
- Create a QoS policy for the MTU
- Set the vNIC to have 9000 MTU and QoS policy you have created
To configure Jumbo Frames on UCS it is done as a QoS policy and the configuration guide is in the link below:
Whilst you are planning to use Hyper-V as your OS, the following configuration guide is quite useful to understand which components on the UCS you need to configure to enable Jumbo Frames:
Find the document with screenshots
Document -Jumbo Frames enablement-CISCO UCS
- Take a Full backup of Citrix Databases on server locally and tapes.
- Take a snapshot of DDC01 (Controller 1)
- Download and Install Hotfix update 1(CTX135207) on DDC01(Controller 1)
- Reboot DDC01
- Test VDI by stopping the services in DDC02 so that session will be established to DDC01.
- Take a snapshot of DDC02 (Controller 2)
- Install Hotfix update 1 on DDC02(Controller 2) – Similar procedure of DDC01
- Reboot DDC02
- Test VDI by stopping the services in DDC01 so that session will be established to DDC02
- Observe for 1 week and remove snapshots.
- Uninstall the component from ARP/Programs and Features.
- Restore the data store as described in Knowledge Center article CTX135207.
- Install the desired level of the component (base or other hotfix).
- Restart the Controller even if not prompted to do so
Revert the snapshot which was taken before installation
Find the document with screenshot in attachment
Document – Xen Desktop7.5 Hotfix Update Installation Procedure